Saturday, September 10, 2016

ED 308 - Course Outline Assignment – Analysis

Week’s Summary
This week we were assigned to start creating our Course Outline that we will develop throughout the ED 308 course. This week’s focus was on the analysis process. We had to choose a topic we would want to cover, determine how long the course will last, and whether or not the course was blended, hybrid, or online.

Item of Interest
The course I am designing is an introduction course in which I am teaching students how to become an Athletic Trainer.  There is one prerequisite. The students need to have taken an anatomy class. Any level of undergraduate student can take it. I thought a good way to get information about the students prior knowledge on anything that pertains to Athletic training (CPR certified, know the bones in the body, etc.) was for them to take this survey I made. The questions asked will help me understand why the students chose to take this course. It will also help me decide where a good starting point will be.

Problem/Concern

My concern right now is about my topic. I don’t know if this is something that can be taught in a blended course. I just need some opinions on whether or not you think this is a good enough topic I can make a course outline for the ED 308 assignment. If you think it is a good topic, why? Or if you disagree, Why?

3 comments:

  1. I think the topic can be taught on-line or blended. Clearly your target audience will have some basic knowledge of the anatomy. Starting point is review of the basics to proceed forward. This class would be benefit any student who is interested in becoming an Athletic Trainer, by giving them a general overview of what is an Athletic Trainer and what they do. You got to crawl before the baby steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meaghan!

    I agree with Margaret Fall, that this topic could be taught online or in a blended format. I believe that your audience will have some background knowledge of the anatomy you will be teaching. Take time to review the basics with the students and maybe even give a small assessment to see what they know before beginning the class. Of course, this would not have to be recorded in the grade book except for maybe participation or attendance points. I think this class will benefit any student that is considering becoming an Athletic Trainer. The information you provide in the class will help them better determine if this is a field they want to proceed in to. I really like this topic and wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Meaghan! I think that your topic is a very creative topic and could be taught online or blended format. This is a great way for students to work collaboratively and to get the instructional meetings that would also benefit them when they have additional questions and concerns. I am excited to see where that topic takes you! Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete